Sunday, August 21, 2016

Thoughts, suggestions, ideas?

It's over four years since I began this blog, back in April 2012. Since then I've written something like 120 posts. Some branches of the family, such as the Masons in Adelaide, have had more posts devoted to them than others. Generally, though, I've tried to work my way fairly systematically through the lines of my four grandparents, sharing what I've learned.

From time to time I've digressed to talk about the process of doing family history research or I've focused on a topic relevant to one family or historical period. Surprisingly, the post with most views over time has been the one on fustian cutters.

There's no end to the posts I could write. But what would you, as a reader, like to see on this blog? Are there particular individuals that you'd like to know more about? Would you like more posts on places, occupations and background history? Do you enjoy the posts on the ups and downs of genealogical research? Do you think I should give more details about my sources? Have you spotted a dead link or a terrible typo? (I find them myself quite regularly when I go back to old posts.)

Do you perhaps have a story to tell about someone that I've overlooked? Would you like to contribute by writing a post, or have a photo or other memorabilia that you'd like to share?

It would be wonderful to have some feedback. With that in mind, I've just added a Contact form to the side bar. So if you want to comment on a particular post you can still use the 'comments' box below it, but if you have ideas, suggestions or more general comments then the contact form is available. I'd love to hear from you.

I've also added an option in the sidebar to follow the blog by email. By providing an email address you will receive a notification when a new post appears.


No comments:

Post a Comment